Favourite Literary Quote


Being an avid reader, I often come across a quote or block of text in a novel that makes me go “wow”. Sometimes this book isn’t even overly good.. or at least, it by no means is going to make my favourite list, but there is something in a particular part of the text that grabs my attention and leaves me smiling.



I have a long list of literary quotes that I love, but today I decided to share one of those with you.


“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars” - Jack Kerouac, On the Road.


What is one of YOUR favourite literary quotes? Are there any bits of prose that you just LOVE regardless of how much you love the novel as a whole? I would love to see what you, my readers, love to read! leave a comment below!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

All content © And the plot thickens... 2009-2011 or their respective owners as credited.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP