Reading Slump

Have you ever gone through a time in your life where you find yourself in a reading slump? 

No matter how much you want to read, or how much you try, you just can't seem to find anything that holds your attention for long? 

Even when you find a good book, you just can't seem to sit still long enough to read more than a chapter or two? And it's not because the book isn't interesting... it is.. it's just that the act of reading is difficult.

This is me right now. Try as I might, it's taking me longer and longer to finish a novel. Even those I find interesting, I struggle with for a week or more when normally, I could read through a good book in a few days. 

I have no idea what the problem is. I've been sick recently, and very tired. I found my attention waning and it easier to watch TV or read short articles online. Now I am starting to get better, I still can't read much as I find it mentally tiring. This distresses me. I love books. I love to read. Right now though, I am not finding it as enjoyable as I usually do. 

If you have been in this situation before, what did you do? Did it take an amazing book to pull you out of the slump? Or, was it just a matter of taking a short break from books and coming back with a clear head?
All content © And the plot thickens... 2009-2011 or their respective owners as credited.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP