Grave Secrets – Kathy Reichs

Guatemala, in the searing heat.

The bones of a child no more than two years old are uncovered when mass graves are excavated.

Twenty-three women and children are said to lie where forensic anthropologist Dr Temperance Brennan is searching for remains, in what is one of the most heartbreaking cases of her career.

Then four young girls go missing from Guatemala City...

And when a skeleton is found in a septic tank at the back of a run-down hotel, only someone with Tempe's expertise can deduce who the victim was and how they died.

But her path is blocked: it appears that some people would prefer that Guatemala's 'disappeared' stayed buried. And others seem to want the missing girls kept the same way...


Genre: Fiction, Crime, Mystery, Detective
Year: 2002
Publisher: Arrow Books
Rating: 3/5

This book is probably worth a higher rating. I just couldn't get into it. I have a lot going in my life at the moment and to top it off, I am sick. So concentration isn't a strong point for me, right now.

This book follows Tempe as she yet again unravels a mystery. Reichs has a distinct formula and this book follows it perfectly... Tempe gets called to a job, this leads to a mystery, Tempe is determined to solve said mystery, lots of people are out to get her, she finds herself in dangerous situations (for a smart woman, she acts impulsively and makes dumb choices sometimes), and then she solves said mystery. All the while fighting off the sexual tension between her and Detective Ryan. As I said, it is a formula and it is what I have come to expect from Reichs novels, and usually I love it!

There is one difference in this novel, however, and that is a new love interest! Yup, that's right. Tempe now has TWO men after her.... and she likes them both. I think this is going to make for some interesting material in the next book or two. 

I think I will attempt to re-read this book at a later date when I am well again, and when I haven't got so much other junk cluttering up my mind.

Have you read this novel? What did you think?
All content © And the plot thickens... 2009-2011 or their respective owners as credited.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP