Club Dead - Charlaine Harris

Club Dead is the third novel in the Sookie Stackhouse series. In this novel Bill goes missing and is said to have reunited with his ex-girlfriend (also a vampire) Lorena. It turns out Bill has been kidnapped and Sookie must use her telepathic abilities to find him. She sets off to Jackson, Mississippi to look for Bill and is helped along the way by a werewolf named Alcide. Will Sookie find Bill before it is too late? What secret project was Bill working on that caused his kidnapping and can Sookie and Bill’s relationship survive his unfaithfulness or will Sookie find comfort in the new man in her life, Alcide?
Things between cocktail waitress Sookie and her vampire boyfriend Bill seem to be going excellently (apart from the small matter of him being undead) until he leaves town for a while. A long while. Bill’s sinister boss Eric has an idea of where to find him, whisking her off to Jackson, Mississippi to mingle with the under-underworld at Club Dead. When she finally catches up with the errant vampire, he is in big trouble and caught in an act of serious betrayal. This raises serious doubts as to whether she should save him or start sharpening a few stakes of her own …
I really enjoyed this novel, more so than the first two. I thought throwing Bill and Sookie an obstacle in their relationship was a good way to keep the story fresh and interesting. The introduction of Alcide came at a good time. I felt myself really warming to this character and I must admit I spent the novel hoping the he and Sookie would hook up and she would ditch Bill because Alcide is so much nicer (I won’t say what does happen though, you will have to read it). I feel like I am taking the position of “Team ” so to speak.
This was by far my favourite novel in the series yet, but I will read the rest before I pass judgement. On to book four now!

Rating 3.5/5

0 comments:

Post a Comment

All content © And the plot thickens... 2009-2011 or their respective owners as credited.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP