Definitely Dead - Charlaine Harris

Definitely Dead by Charlaine Harris is the 6th book in the Sookie Stackhouse, Southern Vampire Series. In this novel, Sookie has to travel to New Orleans to clean out her cousin Hadley’s apartment after her death (well, second death, Hadley was a vampire). Hadley was murdered by a fellow vampire, but being the Queen of Louisiana’s lover you would think Hadley would have been protected right? The Queen married the King of Arkansas the night before Hadley’s death in a bid to bring about diplomatic relations and Hadley was none too happy about it. And what about the man in Hadley’s closet? Sookie must unravel all of these secrets to work out what really happened to her cousin.
She also has started dating Quinn the shapeshifter but Weres keep attacking them while they are together, making their dates almost deadly, but who is the target, Sookie or Quinn?

On top of all of that Sookie makes a new friend in a witch named Amelia and learns a shocking secret about her ex-lover Bill that could tear apart their relationship forever.

Since Louisiana cocktail waitress Sookie Stackhouse has so few living relatives, she hates to lose one – even her cousin Hadley, undead consort of the vampire Queen of Louisiana. Hadley’s left everything she has to Sookie, but claiming that inheritance has a high risk factor. Some people don;t want her looking too deeply into Hadley’s past, or Hadley’s possessions. And they’re prepared to do anything in their power to stop her. Whoever it is, they’re definitely dangerous – and Sookie’s life is definitely on the line..

I thoroughly enjoyed this book. Like all Sookie books it was fun, interesting and kept you reading til the very end! I barely put it down. My only problem was that I was confused as to why it felt like there should have been a book between Dead as a Doornail and Definitely Dead. Turns out there is! It is a short story called One Word Answer. I will have to see if I can read that too! It is basically spelt out in this book what happens in the short story (as you know, all Sookie books do a great job of rehashing the last one throughout the story) but I still HAVE to read it.

Overall, this book was just like every other Sookie Stackhouse book – really really good! I am on to the next one now! Last one in my boxed set. I don’t really want to finish it because I still haven’t got around to getting books 8 and 9… but I am sure once I start reading I won’t be able to stop!

Rating 4/5

0 comments:

Post a Comment

All content © And the plot thickens... 2009-2011 or their respective owners as credited.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP