Dewey’s 24 Hour Read-a-thon - The "to read" list

I know I said I wasn't going to have a reading list. I was just going to go through our library and see what took my fancy. But after browsing so many wonderful book blogs full of people with plans, and actually going and sitting in our library for a bit and becoming overwhelmed by choice, I decided to pick out a few books "to read", in an effort to make this a little easier.

Here is what I have:

  • Slaughterhouse-Five - Kurt Vonnegut (new to me)
  • Peter Pan - J.M. Barrie (read before)
  • Persuasion - Jane Austen (new to me)
  • It's Your Time Your Wasting - Frank Chalk (read before)
  • Alice's Adventures in Wonderland (read before) and Through the Looking-Glass (new to me) - Lewis Carroll
  • Frankenstein - Mary Shelley (read before, teaching this semester coming so need to reread)

    and to break things up a bit.. some graphic novels

  • Preist 2 & 3
  • Sin City 2 & 3

    I haven't read these but I have read the first of both series.
Phew!! I highly doubt I will get through many of these and don't be surprised if I end up reading something else entirely, but that's a good start!

Also, if all else fails, I have my current read to finish


I prepared myself this afternoon by catching 2 hours of sleep (after a long lunch with my family). I also found out that due to daylight savings having finished my start time is actually 10pm instead of 11pm! That is marginally better.

I am now off to browse some more blogs written by my fellow book bloggers (I love the book blogging community!) until the reading begins!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

All content © And the plot thickens... 2009-2011 or their respective owners as credited.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP