It's done. I completed my first 24 hour read-a-thon.
Number of books read: One. Almost.
Running total of pages read: 371
Running total of time spent reading: 5 hours, 40 minutes
Mini-challenges completed: 12
Other participants you’ve visited: So many I have lost count! I spent the majority of my time cheering!
Prize you’ve won: none
Things you learned while participating in the read-a-thon:
- I should have been a cheerleader.
- As much as I love to read, I could only manage 6 hours.
- I find it hard to sit still for very long.
- Life doesn't allow me to dedicate 24 hours to any one thing.
- I really do have an "unlucky streak"!! lol I seriously NEVER win anything.. never. I don't get it. I guess some people just generate luck, others do not. But that's ok. I make my own luck.
- Through this, I learned not to put so much time and effort into the mini-challenges. I spent a lot of time on them and to no avail. Next time, I won't worry about participating in them.
- Get plenty of sleep beforehand and nap throughout.
- Just go with the flow.. have a reading list and food prepared but just take it one hour at a time and see what happens. Don't plan to read for "this" long, or read "this" many books, because you feel like you had a major read-a-thon fail if you don't complete those goals.
- Be prepared to have a heap more book blogs added to your google reader.
- Finally, life is short and beautiful. It is about living it to the best of your ability and experiencing all you can. This is one more experience I can tick off my list. For that I am happy.