1. Which hour was most daunting for you? The 5th, because by then it was 3am and I was really tired so I ended up going to bed.
2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? I think YA fiction would be the way to go! In hindsight, I wish I had chosen some YA titles because they are usually very easy to read.
3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? My only problem was my start time was too late at night. I missed out on a lot of reading because I was dead tired when it started. I guess there isn't anything that can be done about that though.
4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? I enjoyed the variety of mini-challenges! So many different things to do so it didn't get boring.
5. How many books did you read? Just the one. Or almost.
6. What were the names of the books you read? The Girl Who Played With Fire - Stieg Larsson
7. Which book did you enjoy most? Well, I only read the one! ;)
8. Which did you enjoy least? See Above
9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders? I spent the majority of the read-a-thon cheering, although I did not sign up as a cheerleader. I think I will next time. My only advice would be, go to as many blogs as possible!! Everyone needs encouragement! Also, try and make your encouragement individual for each blog, not just the same copy and pasted few lines for each. I know it takes time but personally, I prefer someone who has read my post and comments on that with kind words.
10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? Cheerleader. No doubt. That was my favourite part of the read-a-thon. I loved reading people's blogs and seeing their progress. I might also host a mini-challenge! They were a lot of fun too... the only thing that would have made it better was if I would have actually won, one.
All in all I had great fun doing the read-a-thon. I didn't read nearly near as much as I thought I would but that was because I spent a lot of time cheering and doing the challenges. Next time I will allocate my time better to make room for more reading! I think you really need a good plan for this kind of event, so it was a good learning experience. Next time I will be prepared!