Library Link-up

Our Year in Books is currently holding a Library Link-up party! This basically means they have taken a photo of their gorgeous library and want their fellow book bloggers to share photos of their libraries too!

I think this a great idea as I love to look at home libraries and I am really interested to see what you guys have got going on! So in an effort to help kick start this party, I am going to share with you my home library.Be warned, it is no where near as pretty, neat or organised as I would like.


Welcome to our library/study. This is the third bedroom in our house and although it isn't a very big room, we have filled it with books! I love nothing more than to sit in this room and admire our collection. All I need now is a comfortable armchair so I can read in there too! 

As you can see, this is what the majority of our shelves look like. Packed. I can't wait until we are able to buy our own home where we will build a proper library!


Here are the smaller cases on the other wall of our library. We had to utilise the top also.


Technically this is a cd/dvd stand but it comes in handy for holding books too! As you can see, there are books stuffed down the side as well *sigh* we really need to get larger cases. 


Here is my collection of Lemony Snicket books. I love these books! Highly recommended to anyone who loves intelligent and funny children's fiction.


Moving on from our library, here is our collection of cookbooks in our kitchen. Cooking is my other passion. 


Lastly, this is where the books go I have no idea what to do with. Mostly these are children's books that I need to sort into a keep pile (learning materials for my students) and a donate pile. I just haven't had the time. There are also books in here my mother got at a book fair and no longer wants, or books I didn't love enough to keep. Maybe I will bookmooch them. I haven't decided. For now, these can continue to take up a corner of our garage.

As you can see both my fiance and I LOVE books. We started building our library about five years ago combining the books we already owned and it just grew so quickly. I am really looking forward to moving into a house with a bigger library space but for now, we will have to make do. 

Now it's your turn! Grab your camera, head over to Our Year in Books and add your post to the Mr Linky! Don't forget to leave me a comment here too, with the link. I want to see your library!
All content © And the plot thickens... 2009-2011 or their respective owners as credited.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP