The 4th Annual Japanese Literature Challenge 2010 - Wrap up

This Japanese Literature Challenge was hosted by Dolce Bellezza. The rules:

Read one or more works of Japanese literature between 1 June, 2010 and 30, January 2011.

My reads
  1. Norwegian Wood – Haruki Murakami 
  2. Real World – Natsuo Kirino 
  3. South of the Border, West of the Sun – Haruki Murakami 
  4. The Housekeeper + The Professor – Yoko Ogawa 
  5. Sputnik Sweetheart – Haruki Murakami 
  6. After the Quake – Haruki Murakami
I don't normally take part in reading challenges. My reading tastes and interests vary so much that I don't like to tie myself down to reading a specific genre of novel. For me, reading is fun and fun means NO RULES! This was the first reading challenge that I have taken part in and honestly, it wasn't really a 'challenge', as such. 

I love Japanese literature. I have been having a love affair with Murakami for quite some time now and it is a personal goal of mine to make my way through all of his novels. It wasn't difficult, I didn't 'plan' to read them for the challenge... I just read them. Is this cheating? Shouldn't I have set goals and read books specifically to do well in this challenge? Maybe. But I didn't. I just enjoyed these books that I would have read anyway.

That said, I have enjoyed networking with other bloggers who love Japanese literature as much as I do. It was fun to post links to our reviews and I enjoyed chatting about this genre with others.

Will I take part in another reading challenge? I am not sure. Never say never, right!? But for now, I am happy reading what ever takes my fancy. I am sure I will be reading more Modern Japanese Literature in the future.

Did you take part in the Japanese Reading Challenge? How many books did you manage to read? What are your top recommendations when it comes to Japanese literature?

          All content © And the plot thickens... 2009-2011 or their respective owners as credited.

            © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

          Back to TOP