July Book Ban: Update


As some of you may remember, Tara over at 25 Hour Books is holding a book buying ban for the month of July! In an effort to curb my spending and get through some of my TBR pile, I decided to join in

I am proud of myself for sticking with the ban thus far. I had a few moments of weakness and I mooched two books. I mooched The Road by Cormac McCarthy and 1984 by George Orwell. This is ok because I didn't 'buy' them. I also sent out two books to fellow moochers so that evens it out as far as I am concerned. I am just proud that I haven't bought any books!

Of course I have had some moments where I nearly cracked (you must understand, buying books for me is a serious addiction! so I am bound to have withdrawals). Right after I posted about the ban I realised there was a book that I REALLY want to buy. I spotted The Passage by Justin Cronin while browsing a book store and the cover caught my eye. After reading some reviews I decided that I need to read this book. Too bad I am on a book buying ban!

To make it even harder, some of my fellow bloggers in my google reader have recently read and blogged about this book! This is definitely something I want to pick up soon. 

I also realised (much to my horror!) that the next Daniel Silva book is to be released this month!!! OHMIGODWHATAMIGOINGTODO!!!! 

Silva writes the Gabriel Allon series. This is one of my all-time favourite series of books! This is the only series of books where every time a new book is released, I go to the bookstore on the day it is due out to grab my copy right away! I get so excited that I have to try really hard to control myself and not do a happy dance around the bookstore. I don't want to look like a loony or anything. 

Number ten is being released THIS MONTH! Due to my self-imposed book buying ban I can't go out and grab it right away!!! THISISJUSTSOUNFAIRIMIGHTCRY! 

Regardless of that, I am determined to be strong. There are four days left of this month. I can make it. I really want to carry the ban through August. I think I need to do this for financial purposes. I am not sure I can wait that long for the new Gabriel Allon book. We will see.

So that's my progress so far. How are YOU going with the ban? Are you finding ir easy or struggling?
All content © And the plot thickens... 2009-2011 or their respective owners as credited.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP